What is Web Design?
Web design is a similar process of constructing, with the motive of presenting the content on electronic web pages, which the end-users can access via internet using a web browser. It encloses various different aspects, consisting of webpage layout, content production, and graphic design. While the terms web design and web development are frequently used interchangeably, web design is technically a subset of the broader category of web development.
In other words, design portrays the visual appearance of the website. Traditional approach consist of contrast, coloring, balance, emphasis, rhythm, style of graphical elements, use of icons, background textures. All these elements are combined with fundamental principles of design in order to create superb result with respect to the need of the website.
Web Design – An Overview
Web design uses many of the same key visual elements as all types of design such as: Web design consists of many elements which when integrated together gives an exceptional result. Lets have a look on some of the elements.
- Layout: This is the way the graphics, ads and text are arranged. In the web world, a key goal is to help the view find the information they seek at a glance. This consist of maintaining the balance, consistency, and integrity of the design.
- Colour: The preference of colors depends on the purpose and clientele; it could be simple black-and-white to multi-coloured design, portraying the personality of a person or the brand of an organization, using web-safe colours.
- Graphics: Graphics can consist of logos, photos, clipart or icons, all of which complements the web design. For user convenience, these need to be placed appropriately, working with the color and content of the web page, while not making it too crammed or slow to load.
- Fonts: The use of various fonts can enhance a website design. Most web browsers can only read a select number of fonts, known as "web-safe fonts", so your designer will generally work within this widely accepted group.
- Content: Content and design can work together to enhance the message of the site through visuals and text. Written text should always be relevant and useful, so as not to confuse the reader and to give them what they want so they will remain on the site. Content should be optimized for search engines and be of a suitable length, incorporating relevant keywords. Besides the basic elements of web design that composes a site to be alluring and visually fascinating, a website must also always consider the end user. User-friendliness can be managed by paying attention to the following factors.
- Navigation: website architecture, menus and other navigation tools in the web design must be designed with attention given to the fact, of how users browse and search. The goal is to assist the user to move around the site with ease, efficiently finding the information they want.
- Multimedia: Pertinent video and audio boost in the design can assist users to understand the information, developing understanding in an easy and quick manner. This can boost visitors to spend more time on the webpage.
- Compatibility: Design the webpage, so that it executes equally well on various browsers and operating systems, to increase its viewing.
- Technology: Improvement in technology facilitates designers with the freedom to add movement and innovation, allowing for web design that is always fresh, dynamic and professional.
- Interactive: Improves active user participation and involvement, by adding comment boxes and opinion polls in the design. Convert users from visitors to clients with email forms and newsletter sign-ups. -